Is Your Website Working For You?
One of the biggest mistakes clinics make? Spending thousands of dollars hiring a company to build out a website. You see, a lot of web companies build sites based on a template. They build one site, sell it to hundreds of doctors, and the only difference is the name of the clinic, contact info, and the pictures and colors. All of the articles, services, and content is the same.
The problem with template based sites is that search engines don’t like them, and you won’t get much organic web traffic. Because the content on these sites is not original, Google and other search engines won’t rank them. The old adage “build it and they will come” does not apply to your website.
The Four Main Purposes of Your FM Site
The bottom line with your site? It should focus on five main functions.
- Establish your credibility. List your degrees, media affiliations, books you may have written, etc.
- Demonstrate proof that your protocols get people better with the use of written, audio, and video testimonials.
- Clearly explain who you are, what you do, and why it is different than every other doctor they have seen and not been helped by.
- Capture emails of patients and potential patients so that you are building a list… The best way to do this is by giving free information reports in exchange for their email address.
- Provide consistent and relevant health information to visitors that is helpful, answers questions, provides solutions to common health issues, etc.
#4 and 5 on the list above is one of the most effective marketing tools you have. Think of providing health information as you might think of farming. You have to prep the ground, plant the seeds, pull the weeds, and water them. After all of this work, you get to reap the benefits of the harvest. This “farming” helps you build a relationship with your audience.
Imagine a funnel…
Potential patients find your site, see an offer for your free health report and decide to opt in and download it. Now this person becomes a prospective patient on your email marketing list. In essence, they enter your funnel. After reading or watching your report and getting some awesome informational emails from you, they naturally come to the conclusion that you’re the go to doctor for functional medicine, and they pick up the phone and schedule an appointment with you. The automated funnel simply allowed you to market your services enough to impress the prospect.
On that note… don’t just offer up a boring box that asks for an email. Make it enticing, use images of the report, fire up some benefit bullets – YOUR job is to get the prospect to give your their email address so the “lead magnet” has to look enticing and provoke action. The graphic below is an example:
This is hands down one of the most powerful tools to generate new patients and grow your functional medicine practice. Many doctors buy traffic and send people to their website. They just trust that their website will be enough. Without an opt in box and the ability to capture these visitor emails, build and foster a relationship, that money is completely wasted.
Committed to your success,